World’s Most Beautiful Airports : Prix Versailles Glory: Bengaluru’s Terminal 2 Earns ‘World Special Prize for an Interior 2023
Global Acclaim: Elie Saab-Led Panel Applauds Bengaluru’s Terminal 2 as One of the ‘World’s Most Beautiful Airports
New Delhi, 21 Dec (City Times) : (World’s Most Beautiful Airports) : Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport achieves an extraordinary feat, earning the distinguished title of being among the ‘World’s Most Beautiful Airports’ by UNESCO’s Prix Versailles 2023. Terminal 2 (T2) is not only recognized for its architectural brilliance but also secures the coveted ‘World Special Prize for an Interior 2023.’ Renowned fashion designer Elie Saab leads the panel of judges, praising Bengaluru airport for its commitment to unparalleled design and aesthetics on a global scale.
Architectural Triumph at Prix Versailles:
Terminal 2 at Kempegowda International Airport in Bengaluru stands tall as the sole Indian airport honored at UNESCO’s Prix Versailles. Led by Elie Saab, the esteemed panel acknowledges the latest architectural triumphs worldwide, with Bengaluru airport’s Terminal 2 earning global recognition for its commitment to exceptional design and aesthetics.
Global Positioning and Commendations:
The accolade solidifies Bengaluru airport’s position among the ‘World’s Most Beautiful Airports’ globally. Hari Marar, MD & CEO of Bengaluru International Airport Ltd, expresses immense pride in Terminal 2’s nomination, highlighting its unique blend of art and technology. The airport’s commitment to providing a distinctive gateway with a rich display of state and country offerings is lauded, making it a visual delight for global travelers.
Sustainable Design and Accolades:
Terminal 2 had earlier received the prestigious IGBC platinum certification by the Indian Green Building Council under the IGBC Green New Building Rating system. Designed to accommodate 25 million passengers per annum in phase 1, T2 aligns functionality with aesthetic appeal. The recently launched art program enhances the passenger experience, promising awe-inspiring moments. The sustainable design, recognized with a platinum lead rating by the US Green Building Council and platinum certification under the IGBC green new building rating system, underscores the airport’s commitment to environmental responsibility.
Delight and Lasting Impressions:
Hari Marar expresses delight at Terminal 2’s recognition, emphasizing its role as a distinctive gateway that leaves a lasting impression on global travelers. T2’s carefully curated art and decor elements, part of the art program, contribute to an unforgettable journey through the terminal. The airport’s commitment to excellence and environmental responsibility positions it as a shining example in the global aviation landscape.
Conclusion: As Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport’s Terminal 2 secures UNESCO’s prestigious title, it proudly joins the league of the ‘World’s Most Beautiful Airports.’ This recognition not only applauds the architectural brilliance of Terminal 2 but also highlights India’s dedication to providing an exceptional travel experience. With global acclaim at Prix Versailles, Bengaluru airport stands as a beacon of aesthetic excellence and sustainable design, setting new standards for airports worldwide.
Embarking on a journey transcends mere transportation at these architectural wonders—airports that stand as marvels in design and aesthetic grandeur. In the realm of aviation, these gateways redefine the traveler’s experience, seamlessly blending functionality with artistic expression. Here are eight of the world’s most beautiful airports:
- Incheon International Airport (ICN), Seoul, South Korea : Where Tradition Meets Modernity Incheon International Airport seamlessly blends modern design with traditional Korean aesthetics. Its spacious terminals, adorned with cultural showcases and abundant greenery, create a welcoming atmosphere. As a global transit hub, it marries functionality with a celebration of South Korea’s rich heritage.
- Singapore Changi Airport (SIN), Singapore : A Garden in the Sky Singapore Changi Airport transcends conventional airport design, featuring the iconic Jewel Changi—a nature-inspired complex with an indoor waterfall and lush gardens. The airport becomes a destination in itself, offering an unparalleled travel experience with cutting-edge facilities.
- Hamad International Airport (DOH), Doha, Qatar : Qatar’s Architectural Gem Hamad International Airport in Doha serves as an embodiment of Qatar’s commitment to avant-garde design. With a modern aesthetic, an extensive art collection, and innovative terminal layouts, the airport reflects the nation’s vision and sophistication.
- Hong Kong International Airport (HKG), Hong Kong : Harmony in Design Hong Kong International Airport, nestled on Chek Lap Kok Island, is a testament to architectural prowess. Its sweeping rooflines, efficient layout, and cutting-edge technology create a visually stunning and functionally superior travel hub against the backdrop of the city’s skyline.
- Marrakech Menara Airport (RAK), Marrakech, Morocco : A Tapestry of Cultures Marrakech Menara Airport captivates travelers with its fusion of contemporary design and Moroccan cultural elements. The architecture echoes the vibrant colors and geometric patterns intrinsic to traditional Moroccan art, offering a cultural immersion from the moment of arrival.