Delhi Teen Girl Rape Case: In addition to Khakha, his wife Seema Khakha has also been arrested. She allegedly had their son Buy Abortion Pills For The Victim after she Became pregnant
New Delhi,22 August(City Times): Delhi Teen Girl Rape Case: Startling revelations have emerged in the case of a teenage girl who was raped multiple times by suspended senior Delhi government official, Premoday Khakha. Police sources revealed that the girl was drugged before each instance of sexual abuse, and she even woke up with injuries on one occasion. The victim, just 14 years old at the time, was traumatized by the death of her father in 2020, which led to her depression. Her father’s demise occurred during the pandemic but was unrelated to Covid.(Delhi Teen Girl Rape Case)
Series of Rape Incidents
(Delhi Teen Girl Rape Case):The first rape incident occurred on October 31, 2020, shortly after the girl’s father’s death. Traumatized by the loss, the girl was sent to Khakha’s home in Burari, northeast Delhi, by her mother less than two weeks later. During her five-month stay there, she was raped at least once more in February 2021. It has been reported that the victim stated that Khakha molested her not only at his home but also in a church.
Struggle and Silence
(Delhi Teen Girl Rape Case): The teen girl faced panic attacks following her father’s passing, leading her to drop out of school and enroll in an open learning institution. Police believe that the combined trauma of her father’s death and the repeated sexual assaults left her unable to report the abuse to authorities. The attacks only came to light recently when the victim confided in a counselor at a Delhi hospital during treatment for panic attacks.
Arrest and Denial
(Delhi Teen Girl Rape Case): Khakha, who has been suspended from his position and arrested, is reportedly uncooperative with the police, vehemently denying the allegations against him. Despite his arrest, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and the Aam Aadmi Party criticized Delhi Police for the delay in taking action.
(Delhi Teen Girl Rape Case): In addition to Khakha, his wife Seema Khakha has also been arrested. She allegedly had their son buy abortion pills for the victim after she became pregnant. The victim reached out to Khakha’s wife for help.
Outcry and Demands for Justice
(Delhi Teen Girl Rape Case): Delhi Commission for Women chief Swati Maliwal labeled Khakha a ‘predator’ and expressed concern about those in authority who should protect turning into perpetrators. There is a growing demand for swift justice for the victim, and the case has highlighted the urgency of addressing such crimes and providing support to survivors.
Who is Premoday Khakha Main Accused in This Case?
- Premoday Khakha, a Delhi government officer, has been arrested for a serious crime. He’s accused of raping his friend’s teenage daughter. He got a job as a Welfare Officer in the Delhi Government in 1998.
- Over the last 25 years, Khakha worked in different departments. He was in the women and child welfare and social welfare departments. His job involved helping vulnerable groups and children.
- His LinkedIn profile tells us more about his work. He was a resource trainer, teaching about child protection and laws like the Juvenile Justice Act. He also worked at a place where a young person accused in the Nirbhaya case was kept.
- In 2022, he was asked to be an Officer on Special Duty (OSD) by Delhi minister Kailash Gahlot. But when Atishi became the minister in 2023, he was removed from this post.
- Khakha’s background is from Jharkhand, and he lived in Shakti Enclave in North Delhi’s Burari area. Sadly, this is where the alleged incidents happened.
- He has two children, a 21-year-old son, and a 22-year-old daughter. But he’s facing very serious charges for his actions. He’s accused of abusing his friend’s daughter, who was just 14 years old at the time.
- The girl got pregnant, and it’s claimed that Khakha’s wife, Seema, gave her pills to end the pregnancy.
- Before this incident, Khakha had a good job. He worked as an assistant director and later as a deputy director at the women and child development department. But he got suspended after these accusations.
- These allegations are being treated very seriously under the Indian law, specifically the Protection of Children From Sexual Offences (POCSO) and other sections of the Indian Penal Code.