Raipur,13 December(City Times): Vishnu Deo Sai Takes Oath: In a historic moment for Chhattisgarh, Vishnu Deo Sai was sworn in as the Chief Minister, marking the beginning of a new era for the state. The swearing-in ceremony, a grand event held in Raipur, was attended by some of the most prominent leaders in Indian politics, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Home Minister Amit Shah, and BJP chief JP Nadda.
Vishnu Deo Sai Takes Oath: A Momentous Vishnu Deo Sai Swearing-In Ceremony
The ceremony, which took place in the capital city of Raipur, witnessed not only the oath-taking of Vishnu Deo Sai but also his deputies, Arun Sao and Vijay Sharma. Governor Biswabhusan Harichandan presided over the ceremony, administering the oath of office and secrecy to the newly appointed leaders.
The distinguished guest list included Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Home Minister Amit Shah, BJP chief JP Nadda, and notable Chief Ministers from various states. The presence of leaders like Yogi Adityanath, Himanta Biswa Sarma, and former Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel added to the significance of the occasion.
The BJP’s Strategic Moves
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) made strategic moves in the appointment of Chief Ministers, aiming to balance caste dynamics in the recently won heartland states. In Chhattisgarh, the choice of tribal leader Vishnu Deo Sai aligns with the Prime Minister’s vision of having a tribal Chief Minister for a state with a substantial tribal population.
The BJP’s success in winning all 14 seats in the tribal-dominated Surguja region and eight of the 12 seats in Bastar played a crucial role in the decision. Vishnu Deo Sai’s appointment is seen as a move to address the aspirations of the tribal communities, constituting over 32 percent of Chhattisgarh’s population.
A Key Player: Raman Singh
Raman Singh, who led the state government for an impressive 15 years, has been appointed as the Speaker of the state assembly. This strategic move positions him to play a crucial role in BJP’s campaigning for the upcoming 2024 general elections. As an influential leader representing the Rajput community, Singh’s role is expected to be pivotal in the political landscape.
Vishnu Deo Sai’s Political Journey
Vishnu Deo Sai, elected from the Kunkuri (ST) constituency, brings with him a wealth of political experience spanning 36 years. His political journey began in 1989, starting as a village panchayat member and eventually becoming a Lok Sabha representative. Serving as the Minister of State for Steel, Mines, Labour, and Employment in the first Modi government marked a significant phase in his career.
The 59-year-old tribal leader is known for his gentle manner and strong grassroots connections. Born into a tribal family, his commitment to uplifting tribal communities is evident through his engagement in agriculture and social work. Sai’s leadership role is a testament to the BJP’s acknowledgment of the tribal population’s importance in the state.
Five important facts about Vishnu Dev Sai :
- Political Journey: Vishnu Dev Sai, born on February 21, 1964, in Bagia village, Jashpur district, Chhattisgarh, has been associated with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) since the 1990s. He has had a remarkable political career, serving as a Member of Parliament (MP) from Raigarh from 1999 to 2014. Additionally, he held key ministerial positions at the Center, including Minister of State for Labor and Employment and Minister of State for Steel during the first term of the Modi government.
- Tribal Representation: Vishnu Dev Sai belongs to a tribal community, emphasizing his commitment to the development of Chhattisgarh, a state with a significant tribal population. His appointment as Chief Minister aligns with the BJP’s strategy to have tribal leadership, considering the party’s substantial victory in tribal-dominated regions.
- BJP Leadership Roles: Besides his parliamentary roles, Vishnu Dev Sai has played vital roles within the BJP. He served as the State President of BJP Chhattisgarh in 2020, showcasing his organizational capabilities. His recent appointment as the Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh reflects the party’s trust in his leadership.
- Family and Personal Life: Vishnu Dev Sai was born to Ram Prasad Sai and Jashmani Devi. In 1991, he married Kaushalya Devi, and the couple has three children – a son and two daughters. His personal life, rooted in simplicity, resonates with his political philosophy.
- Development Initiatives: Vishnu Dev Sai, during his tenure as the MP from Raigarh, initiated various development projects in the region. His contributions were not only limited to legislative responsibilities but extended to tangible efforts for the betterment of his constituency.
These facts highlight Vishnu Dev Sai’s multifaceted roles, from a dedicated political career to his commitment to tribal representation and developmental initiatives in Chhattisgarh. His journey from a farmer’s family to Chief Minister underscores his significant contributions to the state’s political landscape.
Deputies: Arun Sao and Vijay Sharma
Vishnu Deo Sai’s deputies, Arun Sao and Vijay Sharma, add diversity to the leadership team. Arun Sao, a prominent leader from the Other Backward Classes (OBC), was chosen as the state president in August 2022 to counter the assertive OBC politics of the then-ruling Congress. His association with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) since childhood and experience as a deputy advocate general and Lok Sabha representative positions him as a key player.
Vijay Sharma, a first-time legislator from the Kawardha constituency, is credited with defeating senior Congress leader Mohammad Akbar, the lone Muslim member in the 90-member assembly. His victory, coupled with his role as the general secretary of the state BJP, demonstrates the party’s confidence in his capabilities.
A Vision for Chhattisgarh’s Future
As Vishnu Deo Sai takes the reins of Chhattisgarh, a vision for the state’s future unfolds. The BJP’s strategic appointments aim to foster unity, address diverse aspirations, and ensure effective governance. With a focus on tribal representation, the new leadership is poised to steer Chhattisgarh toward progress and development.
In conclusion, the swearing-in ceremony marked not just a change in leadership but the beginning of a new chapter for Chhattisgarh. Vishnu Deo Sai, along with his deputies, assumes the responsibility of shaping the state’s destiny, and the BJP’s careful considerations in these appointments indicate a commitment to inclusive governance and regional development. The political landscape in Chhattisgarh is set for transformation under the leadership of Vishnu Deo Sai.